The Islamic Center Of Round Rock (ICRR) was founded in 2002 and is a 501 (c) non-profit organization, was established in 2001 to meet the spiritual and social needs of the Muslim population in the North Austin Suburb of Round rock, Texas and its surrounding areas.
ICRR provides prayer services for the 5 daily prayers and the Friday prayer. ICRR has special programs for Ramadan including Iftar, Daily Taraweeh and arrangements for Aitikaf. ICRR also holds various halaqas and programs for the community (please refer to programs page for details). Click here for ICRR bylaws.
To be an exemplary Islamic Organization that can be the center of the Muslim Community, to help, protect, preserve and perpetuate the Islamic values and beliefs based on the principles of the Quran and Sunnah.
To foster a strong and vibrant Muslim Communitythat is grounded in Islamic teachings and values. To serve as a center of spritual , educational and communal growth for Muslims in and around our community.
Imam: We are Hiring
Provide Islamic Religious guidance according to the Quran And Sunnah
Lead educational and extracurricular programs for adults and youth
Lead the establishment of unified community that is welcoming to all mainstream thought processes and backgrounds
Promote understanding between people of all faiths in the broader community
Imam reports to the president of the ICRR shura board.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Islamic education
Fluency in English and Arabic
Comprehensive knowledge of Islamic Shariah
Memorize the entire Quran or a major portion of it
Experience as an imam or an assistant imam
Ability to connect with youth
Ability to teach Quran and religion
Willingness to be supervised by the Islamic center leadership.
Additional Preferred Qualification
Hafidh of the Quran
Comprehensive knowledge of Hadith and Sunnah
Experience in conflict prevention and resolution
Experience in Islamic family and youth counseling
Experience in speaking with non-muslims about Islam.
Imam is expected to:
- Lead the daily prayers at the masjid
- Deliver khutbah and lead Friday congregation
- Lead the Taraweeh prayer in Ramadan
- Lead eid prayer and deliver khutbah
- Provide funeral services and guidance
- Conduct matrimonial services
- Offer islamic family and youth counseling
- Provide islamic educational opportunities for spiritual growth of community members
- Other Islamic topics
- Thought leadership in dealing with:
- Political climate
- Serve as an advisor to the weekend kids educational program
- Implement educational and extracurricular programs for the youth
- Lead engagement for new muslims
- Work with the board on fund raising programs as needed
- Provide consultation to the board on:
- Religious matters
- Community challenges
- Masjid activities.
- Work approx. 40 hrs/week
- Maintain regular and convenient office hours at the masjid for religious counseling and guidance
- Lead by example to prevent discrimination on any basis including but not limited to:
- School of the thought
- Ethnic origin
- Political affiliation
- Economic status
How to Apply
If interested then kindly send your Resume and any related information on the following email address:
Islamic Center of Round Rock